doggie doggy

Thursday, May 21

the following conversation occurred in our car on the way home from the beach.

carter: mommy, how do you spell doggie?
me (on phone with my mom): d . . .
josh nods that he will finish for me.
josh: o . . . g . . . g . . . i . . . e
me: did you just spell it i-e?
josh: you don't think it's y
me: i guess both are grammatically correct
my mom (on the phone): i think it is doggie with an i-e in the window, but rappers are doggy with a y.
me: you mean like snoop doggy dogg?
josh: are you telling me you are going to use snoop doggy dogg as a gramatical standard for our children? He spells dogg with two g's, too. in that case, it would be d . . . o . . . double gizzle, for shizzle, dizzle.



i think having the grammar police as parents may cause our children some distress in the future.




1 comments:

Rachel said...

HA! Loved seeing your beautiful family this weekend. And love keeping up with you on this blog. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

pockets full of sunshine All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger